At Americare, our social workers will assist you in navigating the often complicated maze of the health care system and identify the services available to meet your individual needs such as assistance with short- and long-range planning by providing community resources and assisting with:
- Medicaid application or other medical or financial assistance programs,
- Food stamps, or programs for reduced utility costs,
- Home Energy Assistance Program (H.E.A.P),
- Personal Emergency Response Systems (P.E.R.S)
- Entitlement programs such as – Access-a-Ride, Meals-on-Wheels etc.
- Discharge planning
Our social work staff can communicate in a number of languages, and their unique cultural sensitivity affords us the ability to get the highest quality of services that each patient deserves. Social workers conduct home visits to perform psychosocial assessments. They can also provide counseling services for coping with life changes and loss. In instances of neglect or abuse, they can assess and make appropriate reports as well as assist families in correcting such circumstances.